Today we’re thrilled to announce a new 6-part live webinar series with Bloomberg, focused on managing data with Jupyter. This “Learn Jupyter with Bloomberg” webinar series will be led by data experts from the Engineering department at Bloomberg, and will feature helpful explanations and live demonstrations. Attendees can expect to walk away with real-world examples of how to use Jupyter Notebooks and JupyterLab.
Meet the Instructors
Akin Mousse is on Bloomberg’s BQuant Financial Library team in San Francisco and has held several roles at the company over the past seven years. He has hosted many webinars and in-person classes for Bloomberg customers on Python, data science and finance. He was also a featured speaker at JupyterCon 2018. Before transitioning to software engineering, he served as a quant and data science specialist for Bloomberg in London and San Francisco. Before joining Bloomberg, Mousse started his career in 2008 and has held technical front-office positions at HSBC, Societe Generale, and BNP Paribas. He earned his engineering degree in computer science and optimization from ENSIIE in France, a master’s degree in finance and technology from the SKEMA Business School, and a certificate in deep learning from the University of San Francisco Data Institute.
Itay Dafna is developing open source and proprietary data visualization libraries and tooling to help users explore, understand, and communicate complex relationships within their data. He joined Bloomberg in 2013, where he has previously held the roles of Quantitative Analytics Team Leader and Financial Engineer. Itay earned his MSc in Management from the London School of Economics, and has been awarded the Certificate in Quantitative Finance from the CQF Institute.
Webinar Class Content
The “Learn Jupyter with Bloomberg” webinar series is focused on Jupyter, and will cover an introduction to comparison between the classic Jupyter Notebook and JupyterLab, as well as how to choose a data source, how to analyze your data, and an overview of widgets and dashboarding.
- Learn Jupyter with Bloomberg: Introduction – Wednesday, July 29th. Archive available below.
- Learn Jupyter with Bloomberg: Choosing a Data Source – Tuesday, August 25th. Archive available below.
- Learn Jupyter with Bloomberg: Analyzing Data Using Pandas – Wednesday, September 16th. Archive available below.
- Learn Jupyter with Bloomberg: Intro to Widgets Ecosystem and ipywidgets- Wednesday, October 7th. Archive available below.
- Learn Jupyter with Bloomberg: Interactive Visualization with bqplot- Wednesday, November 4th. Archive available below.
- Learn Jupyter with Bloomberg: Dashboarding and Deployment with Voilà- Wednesday, December 9th. Archive available below.
To get the most benefits from these webinars, we recommend that attendees have a basic understanding of data science principles, as we’ll be using Python as the main programming language used for this series. You can get started with our online courses using a free trial of Data Academy using the Develop online learning platform.
Additionally, attendees can access the GitHub repository for helpful resources, files, and instructions: https://github.com/ibdafna/learning_jupyter_with_bloomberg